Personal Data Policy
This Personal Data Policy was revised on 14 March 2019.
The Skogssällskapet Foundation and its group companies (referred to in this document as ‘Skogssällskapet’, ‘us’ and ‘we’) undertake to protect and respect your integrity in execution of our services, in contact with you, and in all our processing of your personal data. Skogssällskapet is the data controller for processing of your personal data according to prevailing legislation.
Skogssällskapet processes the personal data that is required to complete our undertaking in relation to you or if you have given consent for the processing. Skogssällskapet may also need to process your personal data in accordance with requirements stipulated by law or ordinance.
Personal data means all information that can be attributed to an identifiable living person. Further information about our data processing is given below.
We feel it is extremely important that your personal data is protected. We therefore apply all appropriate technical and organisational security measures necessary to protect your personal data against unauthorised access, change or destruction.
To protect your personal data, we ensure that the physical servers are protected, that our systems are protected electronically by firewalls, that our electronic equipment is protected against intrusion, and that our employees with access to your personal data are familiar with personal data processing and issues relating to confidentiality and secrecy. However, there is always a risk involved when sharing personal data on digital channels, as it is not possible to completely protect technical systems from intrusion.
Personal data that is collected about you or that you share with us
We may collect the following data about you to enable us to supply you with our various services:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Personal identity number
- Credit information
- IP address
- Bank details
- Property details
- Financial information regarding forest business activities and our services
For financial services, such as tax returns, the following information may also be collected:
- Income details
- Membership of a registered religious community
- Travel journal/information about travel
For property services, such as management of tenure agreements, the following information may also be collected:
- Personal data regarding holders of usufructuary rights
- Credit information regarding holders of usufructuary rights
- Personal data relating to rights holder, easement, etc.
Correspondence between you and us may also be saved to enable us to execute our services in the best way.
Purpose of data processing
We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you
- To execute and improve our services
- To enable us to keep statistics on the use of our services and visits to our digital channels
- To administer your dealings with us
- To comply with requirements according to law, ordinances or statutory regulations
- To enable us to carry out market surveys
- To enable us to send you information and offers
- To enable us to investigate misuse of the servicesTo protect our rights
- To administer your payment for the services
- To review and analyse the use of our services
- To set up and process your order for our services
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal data with service suppliers, such as payment agents, commissioned contractors, collaboration partners and data storage service suppliers, so that we can provide you with services. We may also share your personal data with public agencies, such as the Swedish Tax Agency, the Police, courts and other law enforcement agencies, if we are obliged to so by law or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties.
We may also share your personal data with Swedish or foreign group companies, distributors, agents, or collaboration partners and other associated parties, or a subsequent owner and part-owner and their advisors in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring or sale of significant shares and/or assets, or some other type of reorganisation.
Transfer to a third country
If Skogssällskapet’s processing of your personal data involves transferring personal data to countries outside the EU/EES, measures are taken to ensure a high level of security and legal management.
Changes in the Personal Data Policy
If we need to make changes in the processing of your personal data, we will inform you of changes in the content of the conditions. If you are a client, we will inform you of any changes when you have logged in to My Pages. For other groups, we will inform you of any changes in our digital channels.
Erasure of dataYour personal data will not be saved for longer than is necessary with regard to the purpose of the processing, and we will otherwise erase personal data in a manner according to applicable legislation.
- If you have registered for an event arranged by Skogssällskapet, the personal data is erased after the event has been held, providing consent to save the data has not been given.
- If you have registered for newsletters or other information, the data is saved providing no cancellation of registration has been received. If you have deregistered, the personal data is erased as soon as possible, but no later than before the next newsletter is sent out, or one month after deregistration has been received.
- If you terminate your use of our services or, in some other way, terminate your client relationship with us, your personal data will be stored until it is no longer relevant, unless special legislative requirements apply, such as the Swedish Bookkeeping Act. If it can be suspected that fraud or some other unauthorised use of the service has occurred, we reserve the right to store this data for a longer period until the suspicions have been investigated.
- If you have applied for a grant from the Skogssällskapet Foundation, the personal data is saved for different periods, depending on whether a grant is awarded or not. Where applications have not been awarded a grant, the personal data is erased no later than one year after the application was received. Where applications have been awarded a grant, the contact details of the main applicant will be saved for an unlimited time, for example to make information about the project available on the Skogssällskapet website and in other communication.
The right to request information
You are entitled to request information about what personal data we process about you, and also request correction, removal or updating of any incomplete, incorrect, out-of-date or irrelevant information. If you want to know whether we are processing your personal data, you can send a signed request to use (see Contact details below).
You are also entitled to decline direct marketing from us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about our Personal Data Policy, or have any other questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.